Discover the eligibility criteria, salary details, qualification requirements, and exam pattern of the UPSSSC Lekhpal Exam. Prepare effectively for this esteemed examination to secure a promising career as a Lekhpal in Uttar Pradesh.
The Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission (UPSSSC) conducts the Lekhpal Exam for the recruitment of eligible candidates to the position of Lekhpal, also known as an accountant or revenue officer, in the state. This blog aims to provide aspiring candidates with a comprehensive overview of the UPSSSC Lekhpal Exam, including eligibility criteria, salary details, qualification requirements, and the exam pattern.
UPSSSC Lekhpal Exam Overview
|Exam Name||UPSSSC Lekhpal Exam|
|Conducting Body||Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission (UPSSSC)|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Exam Type||Recruitment Exam|
|Post Name||Lekhpal (Accountant)|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen and Paper-based)|
|Selection Process||Written Exam|
|Exam Syllabus||General Hindi, Mathematics, General Knowledge, Rural Development and Rural Society|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Total Marks||100 marks|
|Marking Scheme||Each question carries 1 mark|
UPSSSC Lekhpal Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the UPSSSC Lekhpal Exam, candidates must ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian citizens.
- Age Limit: Minimum age is 18 and maximum age is 40 years. Age relaxations are provided to reserved category candidates as per government norms.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent from a recognized board.
UP Lekhpal Salary and Pay Scale
The salary structure and pay scale for the Lekhpal position in Uttar Pradesh are quite attractive. The approximate starting salary for a Lekhpal is around INR 21,700 to INR 69,100 per month, along with other allowances and benefits as per government rules.
In addition to the eligibility criteria, candidates should possess the following qualifications to be considered for the UPSSSC Lekhpal Exam:
- Basic Computer Knowledge: Candidates must have a basic understanding of computer operations, as the Lekhpal’s job involves working with computer systems and software.
- Knowledge of Regional Language: Proficiency in the regional language of Uttar Pradesh, which is Hindi, is essential.
UP Lekhpal Exam Pattern
The UP Lekhpal Exam consists of only one stage: the written exam. Let’s examine it more closely:
- The exam is done using pen and paper, not on a computer. It has questions where you choose the answer from a list of options.
- The time duration of this exam is 2 hours.
- The written exam is divided into four sections:
a) General Hindi: This section tests candidates’ knowledge of Hindi grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, etc.
b) Mathematics: This section evaluates candidates’ mathematical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
c) General Knowledge: It covers topics such as current affairs, history, geography, politics, etc.
d) Rural Development and Rural Society: This section assesses candidates’ understanding of rural development, rural society, and related government schemes.
UPSSSC Lekhpal Exam Preparation Tips
To excel in the UPSSSC Lekhpal Exam, candidates should follow these 6 preparation tips:
1. Understand the Exam Syllabus
Thoroughly go through the exam syllabus and understand the topics and subtopics that need to be covered.
2. Create a Study Plan
Develop a structured study plan and allocate sufficient time for each section of the exam.
3. Practice Previous Year Question Papers
Solve previous year question papers to get acquainted with the exam pattern and gain confidence.
4. Stay Updated with Current Affairs
Read newspapers, magazines, and online sources regularly to stay updated with current affairs and general knowledge.
5. Take Mock Tests
Practice mock tests to improve time management skills and identify areas that require more attention.
6. Seek Guidance
Consider joining coaching classes or online courses to get expert guidance and tips for the exam.
UPSSSC Lekhpal Exam offers a significant opportunity for aspiring accountants and revenue officers in Uttar Pradesh. Meeting eligibility criteria, possessing required qualifications, and diligent preparation are key to success. With attractive salary packages, staying updated, and focused preparation, candidates can embark on a promising Lekhpal career in Uttar Pradesh.
Read also: If you forgot your UPSSSC Registration number, then click on it.